San Diego - Quexion, LLC was honored today by the San Diego Better Business Bureau as a 2004 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics winner.
Presented annually, the BBB Torch Award illuminates the long-term value of honest and honorable business practices.
"The Torch Awards publicly recognizes and celebrates those companies that are making a concious decision to conduct their business in an ethical manner," said Sheryl Charleston, local BBB president
and CEO. "San Diego consumers want to do business with a company they can trust. The post-Enron consumer is skeptical and informed. This award distinguishes companies that adhere to the ethical standards of the BBB and have achieved a strong competitive advantage as a result."
"We are honored to be chosen by the Better Business Bureau as a Torch Award winner," said Jonathon Book, Quexion president. "Our company is based on the deeply held belief and value system that good business means doing the right thing, even when no one is looking," Book said. "Our team members go above and beyond what is required. The passion this inspires drives the growth and profit of our company."
Companies were evaluated against criteria that included:
- Commitment to and demonstration of ethical practices in the marketplace.
- High standards of behavior toward customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and communities.
- Truthfulness and accuracy of advertising and sales practices.
- Ethical reputation among industry peers and in communities in which they do business.
- Long-term value of ethics policies to shareholders, customers and employees.
- Training and communications programs to assist employees in carrying out established ethics policies.
Quexion, LLC, co-founded in February 1999 by Jonathon Book and Matthew Mollure, provides technology solutions for business of all sizes through custom software development, security and network consulting, including Internet maintenance and hosting services. The firm is the creator of EnterpriseMail, a total e-mail solution for businesses. The service allows users to send and received company e-mail from anywhere and sets up another layer of security at the server level to protect against a proliferation of computer-debilitating viruses. The web site is at www.quexion.com.